Click Here to Visit!
 
Home
Privacy Policy
Message Board
News Archives
Anime Reviews
Links/Network
Editorials
Staff
  Budoukai
DBZ Story
Characters
Episode Reviews
Fusions
Movie Reviews
Mythology
Power Chart
Power Levels
The World
TV Schedule
  Images
DBZ Anime
Gundam Anime
Music
Music Videos
Movie Clips
Wallpapers
Fan Art
  Images
Reviews
Codes
FAQ's/Guides
Get The Games
 

Animedd
Saiyanz Rage
DBZ/GT Legacy
DBGT Network
Perfect Anime

  Dragonball Z
Movies
Music
Free Stuff
The search links above lead to an outside general websearch page.

Click Here to Visit!
Click Here to Visit!


Shadows Chapter 7

It was almost seven weeks before Alker finally began to learn and understand Jake's training. In all it had been almost three months since that night that his life had been changed. And was still changing... The previous day, Jake had decided to measure Alker's power level. He astounished and immensely impressed when it read 800, which he secretly attributed to the effectiveness of his training.

Initially Alker had been surprised at just how few techniques Jake seemed to actually know. Of course the Masenko attack was their major energy blast attack. In addition to this they all knew the art of bukujutsu, which is of course the incredibly useful technique of flying. Finally there was the zanzouken move, a very useful move indeed, which allowed you to travel faster than the eye could detect over short distances. Thus in a battle you could quickly deliver a blow without your opponent even being able to sense your movement. It was only now that Alker realised that this had been what Ferefire and Alec had been doing against the androids on that fateful day that he had met them. Then there were the basic rules of combat and fighting stances(yawn), which Alker had to practice again and again. He could still remember Jake's comment that it was useless to actually learn these advanced moves until Alker was completly sure of the basics.

Finally Alker had mastered Masenko. Recently he had been practicing drawing in his internal ki energy and focusing it into a blast which he attempted to hurl at objects. Gradually this method had become more powerful and accurate. The zanzouken and bukujutsu were more problematic. Whilst ki focusing involved manipulating energy, which Alker seemed to have a skill for, these two moves involved manipulating the entire body. Fortunately he finally seemed to be improving in this field at last. He could still remember how proud he was when he managed to lift his entire body a full three meters off the ground. Alker knew only several people who could do this and one was superman!(though not personally). By now he could even sense ki in other people's bodies now, though he could still not judge the ammount present with complete accuracy.

It was on a partcular day, eight weeks since he had arrived, that Alker upon entering the training room was shocked to discover that today would be his last day of training.

"But why?", Alker inquired. He was completely taken back and dismayed. How was he ever going to have a chance of defeating even a C class android, yet alone Dr Gero if he didn't receive more training?
"I'm sorry Alker, but to be completely honest, I've taught you absolutly everything that I know. Any more training under me would be pointless"
"But I only have a ki level of..", Alker recalled the figures from the previous day, "1,100 I think... And besides I only really know three proper energy techniques"
"I only know how to do those as well. Believe it or not I am probably the weakest member in this group"
"What's your power level?", up to now Alker had never bothered to inquire, since he always assumed that everbody else here were many times stronger than he was.
"2,500. That is more than double yours, but I've had years of training. Look, further training would be more effective if you just did it by yourself"
Alker groaned. Of course Jake was right. He had probably learned all that Jake knew. If this was true then it would be faster to train by himself. Yet. He would be a far better fighter he was sure if he just knew more techniques and ways of defeating the opposition...
***
On the way out of the training room, Alker was greeted by Hannah.
"Hey Alker. Been watching you. You've really improved since the time that you first came here"

"Thanks", Alker replied shyly. He hated to admit it, even to himself, but he had developed quite a crush on Hannah (as you do when you are trapped in an underground building, on the run from the government, for almost three months, with only one member of the opposite sex).

Hannah, or Han for short was 19 and was perfect. Alker just had to admit this. She had an incredibly pretty face, with long platted black hair which flowed over her shoulders and down to her waist. And her chest... Well let's just say that the way it presented itself from the rest of her body were two of her major assets. Measuring up at about 5 and a half feet, it was a shame that she always seemed to wear combat gear, Alker considered. Still.. You're not exactly going to see a fighter wearing a dress are you? Nonetheless in Alker's opinion she was beautiful.
Anyway... Alker abruptedly brought himself back to reality when he realised that he had been asked a question.
"Huh?"

"I said that Alec told me to tell you", Han paused checking that what she had said actually made sense, "...To report to him later on in the day. He's going to train you himself now. He has been very impressed at how fast your ki level has increased and feels that you have some real potential"
"Cool!", Alker grinned. He was absolutly escatic! His delight caused him to momentarily forget his awkardness in front of Hannah.
"Uh anyway..see ya then..", Alker ran off down the corridor, with every intention to speak to Alec as soon as possible.
Hannah watched Alker run down the corridor and sighed. She could never seem to have a serious conversation with Alker, due to the fact that he always seemed to abrubtly leave. What was wrong with the kid? Did he have a crush on her or something... Nah, that couldn't be it... Could it?

***

The complex that Alker was in seemed to exist on two seperate levels. The upper level consisted of three major areas - the bedrooms(which included kitchen, toilet, living quarters etc..), the briefing rooms and the training rooms which Alker had become so familar with. Of course the entire building was underground, so sun light was quite a rarity. In the absence of such a commodity, there was a vast array of artificial lighting stripped across the entirity of this level, completing the almost uniterian feel to the place. The lower level was forbidden. This was where Alec, and the rest of his team(for Alec was surely the leader of this group, though he hated to admit it) probably trained and planned. Occasionally a group would be sent out to accomplish some operation or similar, though Alker was never informed of what actually happened under such an occurence.
Today this was to change completly as Alec unlocked the door and gestured Alker inside.
Today would truely be the first day of the rest of his life.

Previous Chapter | Fan Fictions Home | Next Chapter


Fan Art of the Moment

Vegeta SSJ
by Abe Stemmons


Content and design Copyright 2000-2002 Dragon Ball Z Network